Statistics on influencer marketing, social media marketing, online video, adblockers and branded content.
A simple list of statistics on influencer marketing and related topics.
- For every single dollar spent, brands are seeing $6 returned in earned media with influencer marketing. (Contently via The Shelf)
- Influencer marketing content delivers 11X higher ROI than traditional forms of digital marketing. (Neilsen & Tapinfluence)
- There is a 5.2x increase in purchase intent when users are exposed to both brand and influencer tweets, compared to just a 2.7x increase with just brand tweets. (Twitter)
- Influencer marketing is worth around $1billion (Digiday)
- 54% of women purchased a product after seeing an influencer recommend it (eMarketer)
- Influencer marketing videos in pre-roll on YouTube saw 7x the watch time than that of a standard brand advertisement. (Reelio internal data)
- One-third of millennials say they follow a creator on Twitter or Vine. (Twitter via Analect)
- 45% of women have followed a brand’s Instagram account because an influencer posted about it. (eMarketer)
Pro-tip: If you're looking for higher engagement, work with micro influencers.
Power of Influencers
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice from their favorite creator over their favorite tv personality. (Think With Google)
- 70% of teenage YouTube subscribers say they relate to YouTube creators more than traditional celebrities.(Think With Google)
- Influencers are just as likely as celebrities to drive buying decisions. (Think With Google)
- Two-thirds of touch points in the buying cycle involve online reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family. (McKinsey)
Learn more about the power of influencers.
Social Media Marketing
- 40 percent of consumers have made a purchase based on influencer exposure on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Vine. (Adweek)
- 74% of consumers say there is connection between watching a video on social media and their purchasing process. (Brightcove)
- 84% of consumers say they trust peer recommendations above all other sources of advertising. (Nelsen)
- Marketing-inspired word-of-mouth generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising (Mckinsey Quarterly, 2010)
- 1 in 3 people come to a brand through recommendation (Deloitte Slideshare, 2009)
- People referred by loyal customers have 37% higher retention rate (Deloitte Slideshare, 2009)
- 92% of consumers trust recommendations from others, even people they don’t know, over branded content. (The Shelf)
Online Video & Customers
- In a survey of 1000 adults who watched online video in the last 6 months, 77% of viewers said they view companies that create online video as being more engaged with customers (Animoto)
- 73% of all consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos explaining a product or service (Animoto)
- 70 million people were predicted to use adblockers (Adage)
- 70% of people say they’d rather learn about products through content, rather than traditional advertising (Havard Business Review)
- branded recall is 59% higher than display and native ads. (IPG Media Labs)
- Branded content is 2x more memorable than display ads (IPG)
Check out our definitive guide to branded content.