Statistics on influencer marketing, social media marketing, online video, adblockers and branded content.
This list of statistics on influencer marketing and related topics tell the story on why it's so great.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
- For every single dollar spent, brands are seeing $6 returned in earned media with influencer marketing. (Contently via The Shelf)
- Influencer marketing content delivers 11X higher ROI than traditional forms of digital marketing. (Neilsen & Tapinfluence)
- There is a 5.2x increase in purchase intent when users are exposed to both brand and influencer tweets, compared to just a 2.7x increase with just brand tweets. (Twitter)
- Influencer marketing is worth around $1billion (Digiday)
- 54% of women purchased a product after seeing an influencer recommend it (eMarketer)
- Influencer videos in pre-roll on YouTube saw 7x the watch time than that of a standard brand advertisement. (Reelio internal data)
- One-third of millennials say they follow a creator on Twitter or Vine. (Twitter via Analect)
- 45% of women have followed a brand’s Instagram account because an influencer posted about it. (eMarketer)
Pro-tip: If you're looking for higher engagement, work with micro influencers.
Power of Influencers
- 6 in 10 YouTube subscribers would follow advice from their favorite creator over their favorite tv personality. (Think With Google)
- 70% of teenage YouTube subscribers say they relate to YouTube creators more than traditional celebrities.(Think With Google)
- Influencers are just as likely as celebrities to drive buying decisions. (Think With Google)
- Two-thirds of touch points in the buying cycle involve online reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family. (McKinsey)
Learn more about the value of influencers.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
- 40 percent of consumers have made a purchase based on influencer exposure on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, or Vine. (Adweek)
- 74% of consumers say there is connection between watching a video on social media and their purchasing process. (Brightcove)
Word-of-Mouth Marketing Statistics
- 84% of consumers say they trust peer recommendations above all other sources of advertising. (Nelsen)
- Marketing-inspired word-of-mouth generates more than twice the sales of paid advertising (Mckinsey Quarterly, 2010)
- 1 in 3 people come to a brand through recommendation (Deloitte Slideshare, 2009)
- People referred by loyal customers have 37% higher retention rate (Deloitte Slideshare, 2009)
- 92% of consumers trust recommendations from others, even people they don’t know, over branded content. (The Shelf)
Online Video & Customers
- In a survey of 1000 adults who watched online video in the last 6 months, 77% of viewers said they view companies that create online video as being more engaged with customers (Animoto)
- 73% of all consumers are more likely to make a purchase after watching videos explaining a product or service (Animoto)
- 70 million people were predicted to use adblockers (Adage)
- 70% of people say they’d rather learn about products through content, rather than traditional advertising (Havard Business Review)
- branded recall is 59% higher than display and native ads. (IPG Media Labs)
- Branded content is 2x more memorable than display ads (IPG)
Check out our definitive guide to branded content.